Lenten Sermon Series: “Life Before Death”
- March 1 “Think Big” Early in his ministry Jesus explained his purpose was to proclaim the good news of the Kingdom of God. Jesus taught his disciples to have a Kingdom mindset, and his disciples today are to have a Kingdom mindset as well. For us to think big in this way helps us have that life before death.
- Scripture: Matthew 6:9-13; Luke 4:42-44
- March 8 “Look at What You Have” Our self-concept can be greatly improved when we consider what we have been given as Kingdom people, such as authority, God’s presence and power, joy, and the gift of prayer. With these gifts we can help advance God’s Kingdom. Looking at what we have within us from God helps us have that life before death.
- March 15 “Pursue Togetherness” Jesus pursued alignment with his followers, instilling in them passion, commitment, understanding, and motivation for his Kingdom. This has been the case ever since as God’s people are together in pursuing His Kingdom. Being together as Kingdom people helps us to have that life before death.
- March 22 “Make It Happen” Jesus empowered, authorized and dispatched his disciples to proclaim and manifest the Kingdom of God. They became his active agents in taking on his purpose in the Kingdom. We are to be those active agents today. Bringing Jesus’ Kingdom message into reality helps us to have that life before death.
- March 29 “See the Ripples” Jesus spoke of the impact the Kingdom makes in this world. We can see the impact through our ministries, in our partnership with God, and in the increase of our faith. Seeing the results of participating in God’s Kingdom helps us to have that life before death.