Advent, (from Latin adventus, “coming”), in the Christian church calendar, the period of preparation for the celebration of the birth of Jesus Christ at Christmas and also of preparation for the Second Coming of Christ. The focus of the entire season is the joyful anticipation of the birth and second coming of Jesus the Christ.
- Live Nativity – December 3 and December 4, each evening from 5-9 p.m.
- Free Concert – December 10 at 7:00 p.m.
- Friends of the Groom Presentation – December 11 at our 9:00 and 11:00 a.m. services
- Christmas Cantata – December 19 at the 11:00 a.m. service – For a holiday musical event.
- Blue Christmas – December 22 at 7:00 p.m. – For those who are experiencing grief, loss, and loneliness, Christmas can be far from joyful. Blue Christmas is a time to gather together in hope and comfort.
- Christmas Eve Services – Celebrate Christmas Eve in worship all will include a candle lighting.
- 5:00 – Traditional in nature, Family Service
- 8:00 – More contemporary in flavor (LIVE Video will be available below)
- 11:00 – Traditional in style and atmosphere
- December 25 – One Service at 10:00
- January 1 – Epiphany Service 9:00 One Service at 10:00
Join us for our seasonal events:
- LIVE NATIVITY: A Live Nativity is being provided at the back drive of the church on Saturday, December 3 and Sunday, December 4, each evening from 5-9 p.m. Come view the live scene, absorb the Christmas story once again, and take the opportunity for a picture if you would like. Invite others to come and experience the Live Nativity!
- BRUNCH AND GINGERBREAD HOUSE COMPETITION: Trinity’s Fellowship Team is serving brunch on Sunday, December 4, from 9:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. to which everyone is invited. During that time also, those in the gingerbread house decorating competition will have time to work on their gingerbread house, using only the decorating supplies provided. Come and enjoy the food, fellowship, and fun of friendly competition! Voting opportunity will be provided and the winner of the competition will be announced on December 18.
- CONCERT: December 10 at 7:00 pm there will be a free, open to the public, Christmas concert in the Sanctuary. Vocalist will be Stacy “Duke” Todd of the music group The Van Dells. Duke will perform for one hour and will include a mixture of Christmas and Secular music for our enjoyment. Mark your calendars now for this special night of music.
- SPECIAL CHRISTMAS PRESENTATION: Friends of the Groom Christian drama group will participate in worship on Sunday, December 11, with a “Train Station” dramatic presentation. Come worship that day and invite others to experience worship that includes this special presentation.
- CHANCEL CHOIR CANTATA: Trinity’s Chancel Choir will present a cantata in the 11:00 a.m. worship service on Sunday, December 18. Come and worship, and enjoy this special time in the music ministry of Trinity.
- BLUE CHRISTMAS SERVICE: THURSDAY, DECEMBER 22, 7:00 p.m.: Although celebrated as “The Most Wonderful Time of the Year,” Christmas is often a difficult time for many people, and especially during generally difficult years. For those who are experiencing grief, loss, loneliness, depression, anxiety about the future, or whatever difficulty, Christmas can be far from joyful and wonderful. Whether grieving the loss of a loved one, struggling with an illness, experiencing the loss of a job, or any number of difficult situations and circumstances, we wonder how we will get through the holiday season. But we are not alone. Blue Christmas is a time to gather together in hope and comfort. All are invited and welcome for a time of gentle worship with song, Scripture, and reflection as we look to Christ and open ourselves to rediscovering Christmas in the love and with the presence of Christ.
- CHRISTMAS EVE WORSHIP SERVICES: Trinity plans to host three Christmas Eve services. The 5:00 p.m. will be a Family/Traditional service; the 8:00 p.m. will be a more Contemporary service with music provided by Trinity Live; and the 11:00 service will be a Traditional service. All services will include candle lighting.
- CHRISTMAS DAY WORSHIP: On Christmas Day which is a Sunday, there will be ONE WORSHIP SERVICE at 10:00 a.m., which will include some special elements for worship. Also, mark your calendars for New Year’s Day which is a Sunday, when there will be ONE WORSHIP SERVICE at 10:00 a.m.
Sunday Services: In-Person & Online 9:00 a.m. Contemporary & In-Person only 11:00 a.m. Traditional